2017 - 2018 Cavalier Marching Band Families:
Welcome to the 2017-2018 marching band season!
As you know, the South Carroll Cavalier Marching Band will be celebrating 50 years of music at South Carroll with a show of music by the Beatles. The show will feature music from “Magical Mystery Tour” and “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.” Both of these iconic albums were released in 1967 – the same year that South Carroll High School opened.
I’m looking forward to meeting everyone on Tuesday, June 20th at 6PM in the SCH Auditorium. We’ll preview the show and outline roles/responsibilities. Please bring a pen or pencil, as I’ll have several documents for you to sign.
As a reminder, here is our schedule for the summer -
Mini Camp will be take place at South Carroll HS on:
• June 20 from 6PM – 6:30PM for all marching band students and parents (informational meeting –in SCH Auditorium)
• June 20 from 6:30PM – 8:30PM for all students (following meeting – Band room)
• June 21, 22 from 6PM – 8:30PM for all students (Band room, chorus room, and auxiliary gym)
Full Camp will take place at Mt. Airy MS on:
• July 28 from 9AM – 3PM for percussion, drum major & color guard
• July 31 – August 4 from 8AM – 4PM for everyone
We will also rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6PM – 8PM and home football game days from 3 – 4:30PM starting on August 22nd. This schedule will last until the final home football game.